Sunday, December 2, 2012

Android Development

In this series of posts, I will show you how I built a simple Android App.  Specifically, I'll show you how to build different pieces of an Android App.  I assembled the components into an app that is the App Usage Monitor, which you can install from Google Play, but you can use the components in any way you like to make your own app.
Before I began building this app, I had never written a program in Java before, never built a mobile app, and never used Eclipse (the primary tool I now use to build apps).  Nevertheless, I was able to publish an app that has actually been installed by a few people.  I encourage you to give app building a try and to learn from the notes I have listed below.
Note, like most development projects, I'm still updating and improving the app.  Similarly, I will be editing the posts to make each more informative and easier to understand.

Here are some other posts about Android development.
Please feel free to leave a comment if you find anything unclear or would like me to cover any other material.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment